More information coming soon
At Vitality Fountain Clinic we offer specialized services for chronic wounds.
This includes Diabetic Foot Ulcers, Peripheral Vascular Disease and other types of wounds that do not heal. Our wound care specialist uses the most advanced methods and dressing materials in order to provide our patients with the most modern wound care therapies available.
(*DEALT = DEbridement with Autologous Lipo-Transfer)
The enormous effect of autologous lipotransfer on wound healing – a relatively easy-to-perform, cost-effective, and well tolerated procedure
In a new study published in PRS 2015*, the authors T. Stasch et al. investigated the use of autologous lipotransfer for treatment of chronic diabetic and other foot and lower limb ulcers. “Twenty-six patients with non-healing wounds were treated with surgical débridement and autologous lipotransfer (using the débridement and autologous lipotransfer method). The mean age of the wounds before intervention was 16.7 months. Wound size after débridement averaged 5.1 ± 2.6 cm2. On average, 7.1 ± 3.3 cc of lipoaspirate was transferred into the wound area.”
Results: “Twenty-two of 25 wounds (88 percent) healed completely within a mean of 68.0 ± 33.0 days. A reduction of wound size by 50 percent was achieved after an average of 4 weeks. In one patient with an ulcer within particularly scarred tissues on the lower limb, a repeated session of lipotransfer led to complete wound healing after another 4 weeks.”
Conclusion: “The authors describe a simple and useful technique to improve wound healing in diabetic feet and chronic lower limb ulcers with a background of peripheral vascular disease, where other interventional options to achieve wound healing have failed.”
Problem wounds on the lower extremity responding to lipotransfer
· Diabetic feet
· Pressure sores
· Peripheral vascular disease
· Chronic scars
· Post surgical wounds
· Post traumatic wounds
· Perforated occlusive dressing covered with sterile gauze (e.g. Suprasorb H or OpSite) to absorb wound exudate or
· Intermittent Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
· Bed rest for 4-5 days
· Keep wound covered with occlusive dressing for 4-5 days
· Change sterile gauze daily to keep wound surroundings dry
· After 5 days: complete change of dressing
· Limited weight bearing until healing complete
· Orthopaedic shoes (WCSTM) prevent recurrence!
Cases of plantar lesions
These recalcitrant wounds had not healed for an average of 16 months. After DEALT complete healing was observed within 2 months.
Why does it work?
Adipose-derived stem cells which are contained within the transplanted fat have been shown to have a positive impact on wound healing, as they not only release growth factors and wound-healing peptides, but also induce new blood vessel formation and fibroblasts, in addition to inhibiting the production of inflammatory cytokines and stimulation of the production of antiinflammatory cytokines.
· Debridement and Autologous Lipo-Transfer can heal chronic wounds/ulcers very effectively
· Chronic lower limb and foot ulcers can be DEALT with to form stable tissue
· Viable fat tissue with high content of adipose stem cells is harvested with body-jet®eco and FillerCollector
· Protect granulation tissue (limited weight bearing/use of special orthopedic shoes or inlays)
· Repeat lipofilling when no further progression observed
· Wounds > 10 cm2 can be skin grafted when reepithelization takes too long
Dr. Stasch's revolutionary method to treat chronic wounds using fat grafting was published in the world renowned scientific journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal" of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and now used through out the world.
Please find out more about this method here Https://Www.Ncbi.Nlm.Nih.Gov/Pubmed/26273734
Stem Cell Treatments in Kenya at Vitality Fountain Clinic
Vitality fountain clinic offers autologous fat grafting with stem cells for regeneration of soft tissue defects, scar management, healing of wounds for diabetic ulcers, post radiation burns and chronic ulcers in sickle cell patients.
The Clinic also offers all forms of aesthetic surgery such as breast augmentation using fat grafting, implant removal and replacement with fat (for capsular fibrosis), breast reconstruction using fat (after mastectomy for breast cancer), gluteal and hip augmentation (Kenyan Butt lift) and facial fillers including nasolabial fold, lips and asymmetries. Other procedures involving the patients own fat include rejuvenation of hands and replacing facial volume during a face lift procedure.
· One major advantage of fat grafting is that it is safe and simple, often not even involving a cut in the skin, thus minimising scaring and enabling the patient to return to their daily activities within a few hours to days.